Friday, January 7, 2011

The One with a Holiday Recap


To be honest leading up to Christmas this year, I didn't have the best expectations. My brother wasn't home to celebrate with us and it can be hard when you can't buy what you really want for people for Christmas.
 I was sooo pleasantly surprised we ended up having one amazing Christmas.
Opening presents on Christmas Eve is how the Hubby grew up, and my family always opened on Christmas morning. This works out great for us because now we have both =).  We had Christmas Eve dinner at our house this year. Which was great, because I love to cook, and I had a lot of fun making the meal and setting the table. We had: Ham, Roasted Asparagus, Mashed Potatoes, Sweet Potatoes, Green Bean Casserole, Honey Yeast Rolls w/Honey Butter, and Chocolate Mint Cheesecake for Dessert. Then we dug into the presents. We were shocked when we received a new TV! So excited since ours died earlier this year in a lightning storm. Then we packed up and headed to my parents house to spend the night.We wake up and opened presents on Christmas morning. It was a great morning, and my youngest niece's first Christmas,(which is always fun). Then we had Christmas dinner at my moms, and relaxed and spent time with family. It was a great day, but was made even better when my mom got a call from my brother!!! She hasn't heard his voice since October, so that was a great surprise.  All in all, it was one of the best Christmases! =)
New Years Eve we had a big formal party. It was a lot of work, but really fun, and a great way to ring in the New Year.
I hope everyone had a wonderful Holiday Season, and has a wonderful year. I am really excited about whats to come in 2011! =)


~Danni

No comments:

Post a Comment