Thursday, March 25, 2010

The One with 3 Years

      So I have officially lived in Michigan for 3 years. This is crazy to me, it seems like just the other day, I was pulling away from my house with all our stuff jammed in my VW Beetle, embarking on a new chapter in our lives. Let me tell you, never did I know your life can change so much in the matter of 3 years.
  I loved growing up in New York, it was the place everyone new my name. Every birthday, someone would tell me how they remember when I was “this big” . Every place we went, I already had some memory attached to it.
When I moved to Michigan it was kind of scary, new, and exciting all at the same time. I knew next to nobody, except through the hubby of course, he knows everyone almost everyone. But it has turned out pretty amazing. I have my family here with me, we have a beautiful home, the best puppy, I have a new little niece, and all around great life.
  I will always love New York. I miss certain specific things and memories, like eating as much Stewart's ice cream as we can till we burst on St. Patty's day, I miss girls nights with my girls, I miss Super Walmart being 10 min away, I miss being only 3 hrs from NYC, but most of all I miss my friends and family in NY. I wish I could see them more, that is one of my goals to see them more. To all my family in friends in NY, I love you all tons, and miss you =).
But Michigan is different. The atmosphere here, is more relaxed, it has so many beautiful places to see, and they are all only about 2 hrs away. It is a friendly place, and one that I have learned to call home. Its weird for the first 2 years, when people asked me where I was from I would say NY, well somewhere over time I began to say Michigan, because well thats were my home is now. Now when I go to lots of places here, I have memories as well. Its fun to be able to say, remember the last time we were here and we..enter memory here... that was great. It has been so much fun making new memories and creating my home here. I'm proud to say I was born and raised in upstate New York, but now I'm from Michigan.




~Danni

No comments:

Post a Comment