Friday, September 17, 2010

The one with where I stop worrying

For me it is very hard not to worry. I don't know why I worry, its not helpful, it accomplishes nothing but making me nuts. So why do I worry? Well for me, I think its the fact my brain is always in overdrive. It never stops, and before I know it, I"m worrying again. Well when times like that happen I truly try to remember to stop and pray and give it to God. Give him all I"m worried about and let him know what I need. Sometimes I forget to do this though.
In one such time, it was like God smacked me and gave me the verse "and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus." Philippians 4:7. This was exactly what I needed to hear, that God would give me peace that surpassed my understanding of the situations I face. So I wouldn't have to worry. Then He would go further and guard my heart so I can stay in faith, and guard my mind from wandering into worrying bunny trails. This is exactly what I'm standing on, because obviously I have trouble not worrying on my own.

Now, when I went to read this verse, I realized it was the end of a sentence. Now I have been taught to always take the scripture and look at its contents to understand it fully. So I decided to look at the previous verses. So verse 6 says this, "Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; ". Again wow! Does God know exactly what we need or what. So don't worry for NOTHING! It then shows us instead of worrying we are suppose to pray and petition God our requests (he is big enough to handle them). We are suppose to do this with a thankful heart, knowing by faith he will be there for us. And then, and only then will we have the peace of God guarding our hearts and minds.
So in short don't worry, give it to God, thank him for taking care of it, and move on.
Thank you God for your peace!



~Danni

3 comments:

  1. Danielle, I love this.
    Proverbs 4:23 says 'Guard your heart with all diligence for out of it come the very issues of life"= the Zoe, the LIFE of God that abides in us as believers!
    This verse that you expounded on so well- "and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus." Philippians 4:7, also tells us with the previous verse, that it is the PEACE of GOD, the presence of our Shalom God, that GUARDS our hearts & minds. SO, refusing to worry, as you quoted from earlier in Philippians, THEN we RELEASE the SHALOM PEACE of God, which ends UP GUARDING our Hearts & Minds. This ultimately releases the 'issues of life" that bring the blessings of God to our hearts & minds. So refusing to become anxious, to resort to our Spirit instead of our soul, actually is a Tool against the enemy of our Peace, of our heart. The enemy always comes for our joy, peace tightly connected to our , because he knows without this we are without strength- therefore easy prey for him.
    Very good word, my dear.
    Hope my comments made sense, it does to me. Your note blessed me. Thank you so much! A great scripture from a truly 'Fair Lady'. Love you so much & Thank God for bringing such a precious God-gift as you into the life of our precious son! What a joy to our hearts you both are. <3 -Kris :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for exponding on this verse. Its funny how you can read a verse a hundred times but suddenly one day a lightbulb goes off, and its exaclty what you needed to hear! God is pretty awesome like that =). Love you too!

    ReplyDelete